Dealing with Nervousness at NDIS Meetings

I’ve got a meeting with my NDIS planner soon and I’m kinda nervous about it. I get all tongue-tied and forget what to say. Any tips on how to handle these meetings, especially for someone who’s not great at speaking up? Thanks.

Have you thought about bringing someone with you? A friend or a family member can be a great support. They can help you communicate your needs if you get stuck.

Hey Aaron, it’s LucySanders3. I get nervous too. What helps me is writing down all my points before the meeting. Think about what you need, what’s working, and what’s not. Having notes can make sure you don’t forget anything important.

I feel you, mate. Meetings can be tough. Try practicing what you want to say beforehand. You could even role-play the meeting with someone you trust to build up your confidence. Remember, it’s okay to take your time and refer to your notes.

Hey Aaron :slight_smile:

It’s completely normal to feel nervous about these meetings. Remember, your planner is there to help you. Take your notes, and don’t hesitate to ask them to slow down or clarify anything you’re unsure about. Your input is valuable, and it’s important that you’re heard.