Inconsistency in Support Worker Services

Hello everyone, Michael7 here. I’ve been dealing with varying levels of service quality from my support workers. Some are excellent, but others don’t seem to understand my specific needs. This inconsistency is really impacting the quality of support I receive. Anyone else experienced this? How did you manage to get more consistent care?

Hi Michael. When I encountered this, I took a proactive approach. I made a list of qualities and skills that I found valuable in a support worker and communicated this to my service provider. It’s about setting clear expectations. For me, it was crucial that the worker understood certain aspects of my care routine. Don’t be afraid to be vocal about your needs. It might take some time, but clear communication is key.

Hey Michael, let me share my experience.

I had a support worker who just wasn’t cutting it – always late, sometimes unprepared, and it felt like they were just going through the motions. It was frustrating and disheartening. I spoke to my service provider about it, but things didn’t improve much. Then, I was assigned a new worker, and it was like night and day. The new worker was attentive, took time to understand my routine, and genuinely cared about my well-being. It made me realize the importance of not settling for subpar service. It’s your right to have support that meets your needs.

So my advice? Don’t hesitate to demand better.

The right support worker can make a huge difference.

Hey Michael.

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been having issues. It’s all too common in the NDIS unfortunately.

It’s crucial to address any concerns with your service provider. If you’re uncomfortable doing this directly, consider involving a trusted family member, friend, or your support coordinator in the conversation. They can help advocate on your behalf. Remember, your comfort and satisfaction with the services are vital, and we’re here to support you in ensuring that your needs are met.

Really appreciate the advice, everyone, and thanks JakeWest for those extra tips. It’s been super helpful hearing your experiences – makes me feel a lot less isolated with this issue. I’m going to speak up about what I need and maybe get a bit of backup to make sure it’s heard. Fingers crossed I can sort this out and find the right support. Cheers for all the guidance!